Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Home Deco Contest on Ultima Eclipse

Scheduled to be judged Oct 3. Wheeeeeee . . .

Its only my 27th day here on this server, and I do not have any houses "fully operational" yet. I have3 18x18's mostly built, one halfway decorated, another less than halfway, and my Greenhosue & Workshop not at all. So I decided to go with my Greenhouse and Workshop, because it is really my favorite design of the 3. I started decorating yesterday, and put a lot of hours into it. It will be another 1-2 days before my 3rd generation plants bloom (hopefully mo longer than that). Then Ill be able to finish the decorations entirely.

Made a quick picture of the exterior - here it is so far:

If you peruse the internet as often as I do, you may recognize this as a design by Popotum . Its the first time I have ever built an "L" shape (as opposed to the ┌ shape) with the yard in the back, and the first design I ever saw like this that actually appealed to me. I made some minor changes, like adding a second story on the right side, and the whole shop setup in the interior. Doing the ┌ shape, while handy and probably the most efficient for space and room to deco (and much better than "the cube"), is highly overdone. So, I was really quite eager to give this new look a try.

So far, this house really resonates well with the shop look and feel. The opening on the left side ground-floor is a vendor stall, with a tailor shop behind it, and a smithy in the back. The right side is a 2 story greenhouse with an interior balcony. I also added some flower boxes. The second story on the left (above the shop) is a small apartment with a small but complete kitchen. Once the flowers have bloomed and been placed along with the rocks, Ill do another pic of the exterior and do all the interior pics as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment